Saturday, October 24, 2009

Aches, Pains and Cravings

From Tuesday to today I have had a substantial change. On Tuesday, one could not tell that I was expecting. My belly was still flat and while I could feel something going on, I would sometimes forget that I was even pregnant. I even slept on my belly without any discomfort. Over the next few day, everything changed. My tummy has grown and even aches. It feels as though I am going to explode and I am only in month three!!! My flutters are more frequent and mostly occur in the morning. At week 14, babycenter.com mentions that the baby is now stretching its 3 1/2 inch body and his hands and body are more active. My belly now has a pooch and my clothes are getting VERY tight.

Sleeping is another discomfort and not just because I cannot get into a comfortable position, but because of my several bathroom trips. I sometimes wish for a catheter. Last night was quite possibly the WORST night so far. I went potty not once, not twice, but six times....SIX TIMES!!!!! And it wasn't like I could've stopped drinking water to prevent future potty breaks because after each trip, I has beyond thirsty. I tried to ignore my craving for ice cold water, but I couldn't. I gulped away angrily knowing that I would be up in a few minutes to relieve myself. I told Tyson that this is definitely preparing me for when the baby arrives and wakes up every few hours for feeding.

And lastly, my cravings...my favorite part of pregnancy. I was getting discouraged on ever finding a food that I could not live without. Every woman talks of insane desires and husbands rushing to satisfy their salty/sweet/crunchy/sour wives needs. I was beginning to think that I would never get to that point. But then we went out to lunch on Wednesday......

Dim Sum is what I crave, dream of, salivate over....cannot get it out of my head. The delectable small dumplings stuffed with shrimp, scallops, pork, oh my! The dark, leafy green Chinese broccoli with the oyster dipping sauce and the duck, the pork belly, egg rolls, sweet rolls stuffed with pork, the Chinese hot mustard sauce with red chili.....It's all amazing. And the best part? As soon as you sit down, you are fed. It is my hunger dream come true. I am going back on Monday....and Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment