Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Overwhelmed

I have had a headache for 8 hours now, pounding away on the left side of my temple. Pulsing and aggravating. The reason? Baby supplies. I made the mistake of looking online for cribs, bassinets, changing tables, etc. to investigate what is out there and to get an idea on pricing. Three hours later, I had "wish lists" at several online websites of all baby accessories, decorations, gadgets, furniture and anything else that was rated a "must buy." This is my first time around so I do not know if I absolutely need 20 receiving blankets or 3. Why the hell are there so many freaking different types of strollers and diaper bins??!!! What happened to throwing it in the garbage and taking the garbage out every night? Do I need all of these THINGS??!!! So because my headache didn't hurt enough, I went to Target to really get an idea of baby-ness. And I walked right out.

I don't know how women do it. Actually I do, but I figured it out this morning after talking to my mom. There is NO WAY in HELL that women can go through being pregnant without their mom or another woman figure who has gone through the child rearing. It has been a few years since my mom had to raise a newborn and the technology is a little different, but knowing that she did it, and did it well, comforts me and my head. Just keeping it to the basics and going with the flow.....my mom raised me well and I know I can pass that on to my own baby.

So after my Jamba Juice smoothie and realizing that I do not need EVERYTHING, my head has stopped throbbing for me to finally think clearly. Over the next 6 months, my list will be pages long, but at least I know I can shop over time, rather than immediately.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I totally hear ya!! Seriously....businesses make BANK off us first time parents...ARGH!
    Girl, you will know what you need along the way. I wish someone had told me that.
    Babies need basics and after that, comes all the stuff that makes our lives a bit more convenient!
    xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete