Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Our First Married Year


Week 14 quickly turned into week 15 without any significant changes. My hunger is still thriving and a belly is definitely protruding from my midsection. Last Monday I had the girls over for some pumpkin carving and bonding time, but by the time night fell, I was overwhelmed with exhaustion. My energy level has improved where I do not have to take naps throughout the day (although they are always welcomed and encouraged by Tyson), but come 8/9 o'clock, I am VERY tired. I am trying really hard to listen to what my body tells me, but with so much to do in a day, I find myself pushing a little more than I should.


The rest of the week went smoothly. Worked Wed-Friday and had Saturday off (Halloween) because Grandma Carmen and Papa came to visit for Alex's basketball tournament and the Charger/Raiders game (YAY for Chargers WIN!). It was nice to have a break from work, but I did not rest with house work and errands that needed to get done. On Sunday, Tyson and I celebrated our first anniversary the only way we know how---with food and MORE FOOD! We, along with my Grandma, went to the Hillcrest Farmers Market to fill our belly's and fridge. Afterwards, to prep for the Chargers game, we went to Linkery to get a bite and a beer (not for me!) Lastly, we headed to El Zarape for the first half to the game. A nap was much needed to follow our restaurant hop, so we headed home before we ventured to our anniversary dinner.


We decided to check out Thee Bungalow in Ocean Beach for some apps and Island Prime for dinner. Apps included Veal Sweetbreads and Escargot and dinner was a massive steak with truffle mac and cheese and asparagus wrapped prosciutto. AMAZING! We cannot believe that a year has passed us so quickly and we anticipate many more.


Last night, I made dinner for the first time in awhile (Tyson graciously takes on the dinner chore). We had lasagna bolognese with spinach and a homemade apple pie for dessert. It was delicious! I also started my prenatal yoga class last night and I cannot believe how sore I am this morning! It definitely helped me with my lower backaches and stretching. It also feels really good to be around pregnant women who know EXACTLY what I am going through. It is nice to hear everybody's advice on pregnancy, but with the constant changing of technology, research and different generations, it is comforting to hear a fellow 20-something woman who is pregnant dealing with H1N1 shots, 4D ultrasounds, yoga, and organic food.


So I am off to walk the neighborhood before my knitting class and "date day" with Tyson. On our tentative agenda, we have dim sum :), zoo, movie and hanging out with old friends. Looking forward to it! And I am so sorry for not keeping the blog updated as much as I would like. I am trying to post every week, as my body changes and grows and as the baby grows.



For week 15, lil' peanut is about 4 inches long. The limbs are growing longer and he can move all of his joints. He can also sense light and if I shine a flashlight in my belly, he will move away from it. And trust me, Tyson will try this. In the next few weeks, I should be feeling more definite movements and should be gaining a little more weight (only gained 3 so far). And if we had an ultrasound this week, we would be able to identify the sex of the baby. But we HAVE to wait until November 20 for the big show. Only three more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment