Monday, October 12, 2009

Nesting

People say that pregnant women nest (prepare the home by cleaning, organizing and shopping), but I always thought that this "symptom" came on later, when the baby was knocking on the door to come out. But I understand that from the point of learning that your expecting to the moment the baby is in your arms, is relatively, a VERY short time. Nine months may seem like forever, but with baby classes, appointments, shopping, organizing, reading EVERY parent magazine/blog/website/book, cleaning, and setting up the nursery, nine months goes by a little too fast. And so I have begun my nesting....

I woke up early to a cloudy day and my desire to bake was overwhelming. After swinging by the store and Starbucks (1/2 decaf, 1/2 reg with soy), I realized I only had a few moments to get ready and eat breakfast before heading to cousin Hilary's house. She supplied me with a bag full of maternity clothes, as well as some neutral colored baby clothes. With my expanding belly, my wardrobe desperately needed a restocking. Afterwards, I fulfilled my baking desire by baking a Spiced Applesauce Cake with a Cream cheese Cinnamon frosting. The aroma filled the house, smelling like Christmas morning. After baking, I cleaned out the pre-pregnant clothes out of the closet and into the garage, napped, cleaned out the fridge, and finished laundry. Later on, Tys and I ventured out to the garden store for some herbs, flowers and greens. My green thumb has set in.

We have our second appointment tomorrow, hopefully giving us a chance to see the baby. I also want to go to a knitting class that evening. There is always so much to do and so little time. Is it really nesting? Tyson doesn't think so considering I have always been like this, but I see it differently......it's nesting for my lil' guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment