Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Quick Update!

Christmas festivities were not the only reason to why this post is coming so late. With our new move in process (and no, we are still without a home to move into), our Internet is shut off. I type away using free San Diego Brewing Company WiFi. Woo-hoo!

Christmas week/month went by as fast as I could imagine. I finished up my Christmas cookies (Irish cream truffles, Goat Cheese and Chocolate Truffle, Macaroons, PB Kiss cookies and homemade Dog Treats) and shopping on Monday, had dinner and gift exchange with Mom and Steve on Tuesday, busy work night and gift exchange with Dad and the kids on Wednesday, errand running and Christmas Eve at Aunt Rachel's on Thursday, and a RELAXING Christmas Day on Friday...and then work on Saturday and Sunday. Christmas Day was the best considering Tyson and I spent most of the day napping and eating. Just how we like to spend it!

We received many thoughtful gifts from everyone.....wine glasses, holiday plate, Target gift cards, gift cards to our favorite restaurants, baby gifts, scarves, cookware, cologne, etc. We know that next year will be filled with much more Christmas celebration so we were glad that we made a small fuss over the holidays than a huge deal. And now to celebrate the New Year!

As far as baby news.....We had an appointment on Tuesday to check the growth of my belly, listen to the heartbeat and discuss any questions I may have. My midwife praised my weight (only gained 7lbs!!) and informed me that I have to take the dreaded glucose test in two weeks. This is one thing (besides labor) that I am not looking forward to. This is a test to determine if I have too much sugar in my body and if the baby is at risk for gestational diabetes. Basically, I am to take a gross shot of some sugary drink, wait an hour, and get my blood drawn. If I have too much sugar in my blood, then I have to go back for a THREE HOUR TEST! This includes a 12 hour fast (AAAHHHH!!!) and drinking the gross poop drink, wait an hour, draw blood, continue two more times. Some women puke through this entire process, faint....no fun. So this is what I have to look forward to in two weeks. Please pray to the glucose god's for me!!! Other than that, lil' Blake is growing tremendously. Tyson and the lil' guy were "talking" to each other the other night. Tyson would talk and tap my tummy and the baby would kick back. They did this for some time before lil' Blake got tired and drifted to sleep. He already loves the sound of Tyson's voice and gets really excited when he can hear him. I cannot believe how fast he has grown and he is not even out of my belly! With weighing a pound and almost 11 inches long, he can hear quite a lot (which is why Tyson insists I tape the IPOD onto my belly as I crochet. The baby has some Norah Jones, Jason Mraz, and Gipsy Kings to go to sleep to). This (almost) 6 months have flown by and I cannot believe I have only 3 more to go! SO MUCH TO DO!

Biggie and Tyson cuddling on Christmas morning in Tyson's new scarf that I made for him
Beet, Swiss Chard, Walnut and Goat Cheese Tart (using all Farmers Market ingredients) for Christmas Eve

Lil' Blake's first Christmas gift from Grandpa. Go Chargers!

Grandma Candy admiring her wine opener

Tyson SUPER excited for his new Cast Iron Skillet

Sonny getting into the holiday spirit....we think

Decorating the house








No comments:

Post a Comment