Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 5 of Nesting

With having my fifth day off, I am finding that my projects are flying off of my "To-do" list. My urgency for completion, considering I have 5 weeks to go? Every preggo friend I know has given birth....and EARLY! My frantic need to get everything settled, cleaned, organized, stored, and completed has set in. Today was a prosperous day as I checked off several items.



  • Washing all of Maxon's clothes, blankets, burp rags, socks in Seventh Generation Baby Detergent..... CHECK!




  • Making Sonny Homemade Doggy Treats to last the next few months.....Check!


  • Packing Hospital Bag.....Check!


  • Completing Maxon's Nursery.....Check!


  • Pre-pay Bills for the next few months....Check!


  • Setting up dates with friends....Check!
It is an endless list that will never go away until I am finally at the hospital, giving birth, completely distracted by the intense pain of labor.  It is only then when I will not have my sticky notes and pen, jotting down what needs to be done or what we need to be prepared for.  I know I cannot have complete control of everything, but I can sure attempt to be prepared for anything.  

I found this recipe a few years ago during my Christmas Cookie debacle that I torture myself with every single year.  I wanted to give Sonny a treat from Santa and found this would be a perfect gift.  For Christmas, I used a cookie cutter shaped as a dog bone, but for this time around, I pressed small balls into flat pieces.  These sometimes last longer, depending on how adorable my pooch is.  And with the upcoming arrival of Maxon, Sonny needs the extra spoiling and extra attention.

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large apple
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup honey
1 cup of oatmeal
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour

Preheat oven to 350degrees F.  Core and mince apple. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Gradually add flour until stiff dough forms.  Place dough in rounded spoonfuls on cookie sheets (or flattened balls into disks). Bake for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven, flip treats and bake for additional 30 minutes at 325F.  Cool and store.




No comments:

Post a Comment